By: Kimberly Miller (@kimmillerfit)
For months you’ve been looking forward to a weekend of raving- planning your outfits, listening to the lineup, getting your packing list ready- but, often the most important festival preparation is overlooked. Two or three straight days of dancing under the sun is exhausting and can really take a toll on your body. Below, I’ve listed 5 tips that will help you stay safe, hydrated, and healthy during your festival weekend!
1. Load up! The best thing you can do in the days leading up to a festival is to ensure that your body is hydrated and well-fed. Make sure you are consuming wholesome, nutrient-dense meals so that your tank is full.
2. Keep a Hydration Pack Handy! If you are someone like me, who doesn’t enjoy leaving the crowd to make a water station run, having water handy is a must to stay hydrated during the festival. Freedom Rave Wear sells several styles of 1.0L and 2.0L hydration backpacks on their website that will last you hours at a time, allowing you to enjoy the festival instead of waiting in lines for water over and over again.
3. Don’t Forget to Eat! I’ll be the first to admit that it is SO easy to get caught up in partying during a festival weekend, but being prepared and scheduling time to fuel up is crucial to staying energized. Something that has worked great for me is eating one very large meal a few hours before the festival, then allotting some money to buy a smaller meal or snack inside the festival. Festival food is not cheap, so by loading up elsewhere in the morning is a great way to save money. Another great way to save money is to prepare meals in advance and bring them on your trip, which is something I do often. It’s convenient to have food waiting for you back at your hotel or campsite when you get back from a long day of raving.
4. Supplements and Vitamins to Promote Recovery!Taking the appropriate supplements and vitamins during and after a festival is a great way to encourage health and safety and can minimize or even eliminate hangovers and sicknesses (due to a weakened immune system). Freedom Rave Wear offers a supplement called “Wiser Mind” that promotes mental clarity, brain health, and energy, which is sure to enhance your festival experience. Electrolytes, magnesium, vitamin C, potassium, 5-HTP, and B vitamins are also great to take during and after a festival.
5. Take Time to Rest! Sleeping in between days of raving, although maybe not the most fun sounding, will give your body a chance to recharge so you are recovered and energized throughout the weekend. Melatonin (in directed doses), chamomile tea, earplugs, and reasonable sleeping arrangements will all help contribute to a better night’s sleep. When planning your trip, consider giving yourself an extra day after the festival to relax, refuel, and rehydrate- especially if you have a long drive or plane ride back home.
Festivals are a TON of fun and you will have the best, most fulfilling experience if you are feeling your best. Let this be a reminder that your health is a priority!